At KSM, giving back is firmly rooted in our culture. Whether contributing our time or our money, we have an inherent sense of social responsibility that drives us to build and support the growth of our communities.
Commitment to Our Communities
From the individual contributions of our staff and partners to giving at the corporate level, we’re dedicated to improving the quality of life within our communities.
How We Give Back
- Volunteer Service: Our people serve on the boards and committees of organizations that enhance and enrich every aspect of our communities – from education to health and wellness, to the arts and helping those less fortunate. Additionally, our people are actively involved in many different professional organizations, including those that support women, minority groups, and the accounting profession.
- Sponsorship and Charitable Giving: KSM sponsors and supports dozens of events and organizations every year that reflect the different interests and passions of our people.
- Community Day: Our annual community day brings our employees out in force to dedicate a day to serving not-for-profits that need a helping hand.
- Time & Talents Program: We reward our people’s volunteerism by donating $500 to any not-for-profit at which our employees volunteer 24 hours or more over the course of a calendar year. This complements our matching gift program, which matches individual employee charitable donations up to $500 annually.
- KSM Cares: In 2020, we started KSM Cares, a multi-pronged initiative that has helped support local restaurants hard-hit by the pandemic, healthcare heroes fighting COVID-19, and everyday heroes, those who show up and clock in so that the rest of us can buy food and other essentials for ourselves and our families.
- Advancing Racial Justice and Equity: Through KSM Cares, KSM has also committed to matching up to an additional $500 that employees give to not-for-profits that advocate for racial justice. We are also developing a strategy to play a more meaningful role in addressing racial inequality, including through mentoring and investing in minority-run/owned mission-focused businesses and not-for-profits.
Smart, experienced, and visionary, Tim takes on the firm’s top role at a pivotal time.