Podcast: ESOPs - Are They Right for Your Business?
Mark Flinchum and Andy Manchir of Katz, Sapper & Miller’s ESOP Services Group join host Ed Mysogland on the “Defenders of Business Value” podcast to discuss ESOPs – Are They Right for Your Business? The episode explores the steps taken when a company considers ESOP formation, from the initial decision process to potential tax benefits and how an ESOP benefits employees.
Specific topics discussed include:
- What is an ESOP?
- Third-party sale versus ESOP
- Who is and is not a good ESOP candidate
- Industries best-suited for ESOPs
- Tax incentives and benefits of an ESOP
- How ESOPs are structured
- ESOP benefits for employees
- ESOP and management succession
- Financing, capital, and ESOPs
- Understanding the ESOP process
Listen to the “Defenders of Business Value” podcast on your preferred streaming platform:
Accounting Basics for
Your ESOP's First Year
Learn how to navigate your ESOP’s first year – from first-year contributions and journal entries to your annual valuation.