KSM Supports Restoration of Historic Indianapolis Landmark
Leaders from Indiana Landmarks, Indianapolis City Market, and Katz, Sapper & Miller unveiled the historic street clock on the east plaza of City Market Plaza, near the corner of Market and Alabama streets.
Made in Boston by the E. Howard Clock Co. in the late nineteenth century, the clock was brought to Indianapolis around 1921 by Curtis Franklin Terry, a watchmaker and jeweler who made it a trademark for his business. Until his death in 1971, the clock stood on the sidewalk in front of his shop at 935 Indiana Avenue.
The City of Indianapolis bought the clock from the Terry family in 1972 to place at the City Market which was then undergoing the renovation that added east and west wings and plazas. Members of the Terry family joined Mayor William Hudnut when the clock was installed in memory of Mr. Terry in time for the City Market’s reopening in 1977.
Katz, Sapper & Miller (KSM) funded the $20,000 restoration of the clock. “As Katz, Sapper & Miller celebrates our 75th year in business, we wanted to make a permanent contribution to a city that has been so good to us,” said David Resnick, managing partner of the accounting and consulting firm. “We’re thrilled to refresh the elegance and ensure the accuracy of this prominent public landmark as a lasting reminder of our firm’s commitment to our hometown,” he added.
Keeping you updated on COVID-19 and its impact on businesses and individuals.