Andy Manchir, director in Katz, Sapper & Miller’s ESOP Services Group, will speak at the ESOP Association’s 40th Annual Conference. Taking place May 11-12 in Washington, D.C., this conference will feature more than 80 sessions from five learning tracks designed to review the technical aspects of running an employee stock ownership plan (ESOP), governance topics and provide insights on managing an ESOP.
Manchir will co-present a session on Friday, May 12 as part of the Culture and Communication learning track, which focuses on employee communication after a second-stage ESOP transaction. This interactive session will explore how to effectively communicate the transaction to employees, the impact of additional leverage as part of the second-stage transaction and help employees understand the potential benefits.
A variety of topics from the five learning tracks will be discussed, including:
- A new approach to communicating ESOPs to business owners
- Serving on an ESOP company board
- A legislative, regulatory and judicial update
- The basics of ESOP stock valuation
- ESOP feasibility and transactions structures
- Legal and fiduciary issues with the sale of an ESOP-owned company
- Issues associated with second-stage ESOP transactions
- ESOP transaction financing issues
The ESOP Association, founded in 1978, is the largest employer-sponsored advocacy and education association focused on retirement savings in America, with 18 local chapters serving approximately 2,900 ESOP companies, professionals with a commitment to ESOPs and companies considering the implementation of an ESOP.
To learn more or register, visit the conference website.